ASP Service Award
The American Society of Photographers Service Award was created to recognize members who volunteer within the organization. It is achieved by earning points through countless hours of service. In order to recognize and show appreciation for the time, talent and expertise generously contributed for the benefit of the American Society of Photographers and its members. The black ribbon and distinctive medallion is not just a symbol of hard work, but an indication of the selfless character of the person who wears it.
The Service Award Medallion is designed to demonstrate to your peers and customers your dedication and efforts to support and improve the American Society of Photographers. It should be worn at all photographic functions and presentations.
Once you have earned the initial 25 service points you will receive the Service Award Medallion at our annual Gala Dinner & Awards ceremony held in conjunction with PPA's Imaging USA. After you have earned your Service Award Medallion your continued service earns points toward Service Bars. For each additional 25 service points you earn you will receive a Service Bar. The Service Bars are attached on the ribbon with your Service Award Medallion.
SERVICE AWARD REQUIREMENTS
- Service Points requests MUST be submitted between March 1st and June 30th for service activities you completed in the prior year, to qualify for awards at the ASP Gala. Individuals must apply for the Service Award points on the ASP website by selecting Member Home and then the Service Tab. Select the Service Tab and click on Enter Past Service. You enter services one at a time and save them until you have entered them all. Select from the dropdown list of Service Categories/Roles. You can enter optional comments in the dialog box. Then click Save.
- There is a Dashboard showing you your current Service Point status. Your Service Points will be listed in the Service Tab.
- The Service Award Committee will review and approve the Service Points you submitted. You will see the status change.
- 25 Service Points are required for the initial Service Award Medallion.
- Recipient of the award must have been an ASP member in good standing for the year prior to receiving it.
- Individuals not sure of their earned Service Award points, or who question the awarding of points, must submit written questions to the Service Award Committee Chair.
- Points are awarded for the efforts within ASP only.
- All point requests are subject to approval by the Service Award Chair and Committee.
- No points will be awarded for any activity for which the individual is a paid employee of ASP.
- If you have questions about the ASP Service Award, contact the ASP Service Award Chair, Sharon Lobel by email: ShutterBugSharon@aol.com.
SERVICE Point Entry Video - https://youtu.be/5sTcMLAerZQ
Past Service Award Recipients
|John Powers||West Hills||CA|
|Stephanie A Millner||DPO||AE|
|Jeff Gulle||Flowery Branch||Georgia|
|Kenneth Bovat, Jr.||Claverack||NY|
|Gabriel I. Alonso||Kerrville||TX|
|Cheri Hammon||Idaho Falls||ID|
|William Campanellie||Palm Coast||FL|
|Rob Behm||Spokane Valley||WA|
|Ralph Romaguera Sr.||Madisonville||LA|
|Nancy Emmerich||Oklahoma City||OK|
|Don Emmerich||Oklahoma City||OK|
|Morton Sobin (Deceased)|
|Warren Earl Motts||Groveport||OH|
|Robert Golding (Deceased)|
|Bonnie Costanzo (Deceased)|
|S. Lorraine Johnson||Franklin||TN|
|Buddy M. Stewart (Deceased)|
|John Perryman||Shawnee Mission||KS|
|Colbert Howell Sr.||Missoula||MT|
|Frank Cricchio||Port Arthur||TX|
|Dennis Hammon||Idaho Falls||ID|
|Kathryn Meek||Hot Springs||AR|
|William Eaton||Lake Station||IN|
|David Smith (Deceased)|
|Jason Hailey||Playa Del Rey||CA|
|J. Michael McBride|
|Kalen Henderson||Mt. Pleasant||IA|
|Drake Busath||Salt Lake City||UT|
|Paul Linwood Gittings|
|Joseph Van Dolah|
|John Miele, Jr.||Edison||NJ|
|Edgar Lobit (Deceased)|
|Helene Glassman||Santa Barbara||CA|
|William Stevenson||Keystone Hgts||FL|
|Michael Barton||North Aurora||IL|
|Timothy Mathiesen||Mission Viejo||CA|
|Dan Hammel||Sun City West||Arizona|
|Robert Symms (Deceased)|
|Gary Meek||Hot Springs||AR|
|Ed Pedi||North Andover||MA|
|Thomas Jadwin (Deceased)|
|La Mont De Bruhl|