We would like to personally congratulate you, on behalf of the entire ASP Board of Governors, upon receiving your first PPA degree. What a wonderful achievement!
The American Society of Photographers is a group of professional photographic artists who aspire to maintain the highest level of excellence. As a PPA degree holder, we are pleased to let you know that you are qualified for membership in ASP. As a matter of fact, your first year of membership is completely free and begins March 1, 2024. In the meantime, we want to invite you to enjoy some of the perks of being an ASP Member before your membership officially begins.
- You will be contacted by a member of the ASP Ambassador Committee to welcome you and answer questions.
- You can also check out our “American Society of Photographers” members page on Facebook.
- Every Thursday, ASP hosts a one-hour educational Zoom call featuring some of the top names in photography and covering many interesting topics. These weekly educational workshops are free for our members - and we would love for you to join. They are also recorded for viewing later.
- Every year at ImagingUSA we host our annual ASP Awards Gala and Late Night Lounge (a free social meetup for ASP members). Next year it is at ImagingUSA in Louisville, Kentucky. Both events are great chances to get to know fellow ASP members, form professional connections, and make new friends. There will be lots more information coming about these events this fall. We recognize new PPA Degree Holders at the Gala and at the ASP Booth at the tradeshow.
- The ASP Magazine (printed quarterly)
- International and domestic travel opportunities - ASP hosts workshops exclusively for ASP members, across the US and Internationally.
- As an ASP “Newcomer” you are also eligible to earn service points toward your ASP Service Medallion - even before your official membership begins. Becoming involved with ASP is a great way to meet new friends and network with other photographers.
Creating A New Member Account
We have adopted a new process to help “First Time Degree Recipients” create their ASP account and gain access to the ASP website, get on our email list and begin receiving the benefits of your ASP membership.
- On the ASP website, Go to the LOGIN menu on the top right and select “Create New Profile”.
- On the NEW MEMBER ACCOUNT CREATION page, fill in all the fields and check the DEGREE AND CREDENTIALS boxes that you have received.
- Click the Create Profile button.
- You will receive an email confirming that a new profile has been created and the ASP team will verify your degree within a couple of days.
- After you have been verified, you will receive another email welcoming you to ASP.
- You will also be contacted by an ASP Ambassador welcoming you to ASP and answering any questions that you may have.
Once you become a member of ASP on March 1, your member benefits include:
- ASP Images of Distinction (image competition judged by PPA approved jurors with one full day of critiques following the competition where every image receives feedback - no extra charge!)
- ASP Advanced Degrees including the very prestigious Fellowship Degree and the Educational Associate Degree.
- The ASP State Elite Award - awarded to the top scoring ASP member in each state organization’s competition.
- ASP Service Award - awarded for volunteer service to ASP.
- The ASP Mentors Program - a chance to work one-on-one with a mentor on any number of topics for photographers - from Photoshop to Digital Painting to Marketing and Retirement.
- The State Rep Program - ASP’s local representatives who are there to help you make great use of ASP’s benefits.
- ImagingUSA Booth Speakers - top photographers share their stories, techniques, and inspiration at the ASP booth at ImagingUSA.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze Medallions - awards given to the top three images entered into the MIR during the year as judged by a panel of ASP jurors.
- The Museum Project - a collection of images by ASP members that become a traveling exhibition nationwide.
We are excited to get to know you and extend a warm welcome to the American Society of Photographers.